The inaugural year of the League of Legends Pacific Championships Series (PCS) saw 10 teams compete over two splits for PCS glory and the chance to represent the region at global events, including Worlds. As the PCS continues their commitment to developing the league and increasing the level of League of Legends competition in the region, they recently annouced the PCS Promotion Qualifier.
Similar to Promotion tournaments from other Leagues, the PCS Promotion Qualifier provides an opportunity for new teams to compete for the 9th and 10th place slots in the 2021 Pacific Championship Series. If a new team(s) is successful during Promotion Qualification, they will replace the current 9th and 10th place PCS teams.
The qualifier will be open to players/teams based within the server region that the current 9th and 10th place PCS Summer Split teams belong to. These server regions are as follows:
- 9th place team: – Liyab Esports (LYB) = Philippines Server
- 10th place team: Resurgence (RSG) = Singapore and Malaysia Server
Starting August 3rd, you can register your team of up to 5 players HERE. Registration requires adherence to the following:
- Players must be at least 17 years of age by August 2nd, 2020.
- Three (3) out of five (5) registered players in a given team must be residents with legal proof of residency within the PCS region. Note: proof of registration does not need to be provided during initial registration, but will be requested at a later date.
- Providing Garena ID, Unique ID (UID) and Summoner Name for each player
- The location of the server that the team is registering and competing for (PH or SGMY or TH)
- All players must be ranked Diamond 1 or higher (any server)
- 3 out of 5 players must be ranked Diamond 1 on the server they have registered to compete in
- Players cannot have played for any PCS team during the second half of the PCS 2020 Summer Split Regular season.
- Registrations must be submitted by August 6th, 2020, 23:59 GMT+8
The Ruleset can be found HERE
Teams that are successfully registered will be informed via confirmation email. If you have registered but did not receive a confirmation email yet, the PCS will get in touch with you as soon as possible!
Based on the combined MMR of all players within the team accumulated through Ranked Solo/Duo Queue from August 3rd, 2020 till 23:59 GMT+8, August 14, 2020, the Top 8 registered teams will be invited to the next phase of the qualifier, the Elimination Round. Only MMR accumulated on the server that the team registered for will be counted.
In the Elimination Round, the 8 teams will be seeded into a single-elimination bracket based on their total accumulated MMR during the period mentioned above. Best-of-3 games of Tournament Draft mode will be played in the quarter-finals and semi-finals. Side selection of Game 1 & 3 of each match will be decided by the higher-seeded team.
Best-of-5 games of Tournament draft mode will be played for the Finals of the Elimination Round. Side selection of Game 1 will be decided by the higher-seeded team and the side selection for subsequent games will be decided by the losing team of the previous game.
The winners of the Elimination Round will proceed to the Promotion / Relegation match. The winner of the Elimination Round of the PH server will challenge Liyab Esports (TBC) in a match of Best-of-5 games of Tournament Draft mode. The winner of the Elimination Round of the SGMY server will challenge Resurgence in a match of Best-of-5 games of Tournament Draft mode. The Promotion / Relegation matches will be broadcasted on PCS platforms (Facebook, Youtube, Twitch)
The winners of the Promotion / Relegation matches will be promoted to compete in the PCS 2021.